ParAdoX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips By Phobia X!

2 posters

Go down

Tips By Phobia X! Empty Tips By Phobia X!

Post by xDOM3 SHOTx Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:25 pm

By Phobia_X | Published: March 22, 2008 8:22pm EST Pro Blog Entry
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Sprinting - This feature alone will separate the great players from the good players, and that is because there is so much you can do with it. The 2 reasons why it has completely changed the way the game is played is due to its versatility in that you can actually sprint sideways rather than just forward, and the little to no delay for shooting when coming out of the sprint. In Vegas2 sprinting is not just a "get from A to B" feature more than it is a gun battle technique, and you I will explain to you why.
I was playing literally non-stop for the past few days and ever since I saw this happen I have completely changed my style of play with the sprint.

-I was in a room with some other players and we were playing Total Conquest on Killhouse. Problems(National Champion) was running down the highway and Rogue(Runner-up at Nationals) was third personning the end of the highway shooting at Problems. Unfortunately for Rogue, Problems knew exactly what to do and did a sidewards sprint strafe onto the 50, let Rogue pre-fire and run out of bullets, and then sprinted right towards Rogue and unloaded into him before Rogue could reload.
If this happened in Vegas1, problems and rogue would have ended up into a strafe/pre-fire battle and rogue would have had the advantage.

The Sprint Strafe (Button Combo: LB + <--- or --->) - I think this definitely deserves its own mention since it has won me over half of my gun fights. By lining up your shot to where the opponent's head is and then using the sprint strafe you will quickly come out of cover and with the little to no delay on shooting you can just pop him in the head. It is a really good technique that should be mastered by anybody playing the game.
The only thing that you have to watch out for is that you don't over strafe to the left or right because the longer you are in sprint the more your crosshairs blossom. This is literally a 1/4 second button combo, and if you leave yourself strafing for any longer your crosshairs will be big enough that you will have to realign your shot again.

Shooting - I am more than sure that everybody can agree with me when I say "If you get shot, you die." In Vegas1 a lot of no scope kills relied on the other person running into your pre-fire, in Vegas2 if you can aim you can kill. The hit detection and hit boxes I find were greatly increased in functionality since people don't magically eat up my bullets.
While there is still some allowance for spraying your gun it has been limited to up-close battles and you won't find success with spraying in a mid-range situation. You will see that you now use a lot less bullets to kill someone and you can run around without reloading your gun and be safe to enter gun battles with only 14 bullets left. There's a lot more action individually because of this, so if you are in the right place at the right time you can very easily take down 3 people without having to reload which should make for good competitive play.

The magnetism(Auto-Aim) in this game has been drastically reduced. You can feel it when you play that your crosshairs feel a lot lighter and sometime you may be aiming all over the place when in a gun battle. Make sure to take your time and try to aim then shoot, rather than in Vegas1 where you could just start shooting and then aim.
The main thing that you have to do is learn how to play like you did in Vegas1. Even with the differences in shooting and the addition of sprint the best players in Vegas2 are the ones who have learned how to master the bunny-hop and the sprint.

Maps, Invulnerability, and Gametypes- The maps are small, simple, and provide a competitive play style. Most of the indoor maps are made up of big rooms that have a lot of space to move in, and at the same time have enough hallways and little rooms to sneak around in.
In Vegas1 there was only 2-3 ways out of each spawn, and it was extremely annoying having no room to move around when you were locked down. In Vegas2 there are a lot of "random rooms and hallways" that do two things:
-allow the team that's locked down to breathe and move around
-stops the other team from moving into the spawn

This basically changes how the game is played. Instead of pushing up and limiting the routes the other team can take, the sprinting and invulnerability combo can make teams hold back enough so the other team can get setup to break the lockdown. Now it is harder to hold down the map for the entire round unlike in Vegas1 where you could just dominate from the beginning to the end.

Total Conquest - The game mode itself hasn't changed how the game is played but the placing of the satellites has. Instead of each team having their own satellite in Vegas2 the satellites are easily accessible to any team and are usually placed mid map. Teams have to play smarter and as a team because one person dieing can lead to your team losing.

-Don't let the shoulder glitch fool you, most of the time the wall is penetrable and you can shoot at the wall to kill the guy
-Watch the grenades, they bounce weirdly and when you throw them through glass/windows it affects their range and can even stop them from going any further.

The Comcast Map - Ubisoft and MLG did a great job of making a fast paced exciting map. It is easy to get from one side of the map to the other. I do find it a bit too cluttered up top but besides that it is perfect in almost every way.

I did not make this, this is Phobia X's blog
xDOM3 SHOTx
xDOM3 SHOTx
-ParAdoX- Team Member

Number of posts : 157
My Team/Clan: : -ParAdoX-
My Gamercard: : Tips By Phobia X! Xdom3+shotx
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://paradoxmlg.tk/

Back to top Go down

Tips By Phobia X! Empty Re: Tips By Phobia X!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:53 am

Thanx

Back to top Go down

Post by ViruS Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Edited to quote. Smile
ViruS
ViruS
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 219
My Team/Clan: : -ParAdoX-
My Gamercard: : Tips By Phobia X! PAX+Virus
Registration date : 2008-02-06

https://paradox.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down